1) Apply a clear base coat to protect the nail from staining and to strengthen it. Then allow time to dry.
2) Paint the white tips, then create a white triangle in the upper-outer corner of the nail. Allow time to dry.
3) Paint small black triangles over the white triangles, leaving a tiny line of white showing. Let dry.
4) Using either a small dotting tool or a toothpick, create a line of 5 black dots on the opposite side of the white triangle’s edge. Let dry.
5) Apply a top coat to protect the design from chipping away, allow time to dry, and enjoy! :)
Pink and Orange Water Marble Nail Art How-To:
Fill a small bowl with water.
Select two or three colors you would like to use (in this case, I used Sally Hansen brand Orange and Pink polishes). Note: Before you get started, test out the polishes and make sure that they will spread out in water. To do this, simply take the brush out of the container and allow the polish to drip into the water. If it keeps its shape and doesn’t spread out, it will NOT work for water marbling - the polishes you use MUST spread out.
Apply clear Scotch tape around your nail, covering that area and approximately half of your finger (so as not to get polish all over it).
Drip a couple drops of your first color into the water, allowing it to spread out.
Repeat step 4 for all of the colors you will be using.
Use a toothpick to swirl the colors together in any design you wish to apply.
Submerge your tape-covered finger (nail down) into the design.
Use the toothpick to scoop the excess polish away from your finger.
Slowly and gently remove your finger from the water.
Repeat steps 3 through 9 for all of your nails, rinsing out the bowl in between each nail.
Allow them to dry, remove the tape, and enjoy! :)
Despicable Me Nail Art How-To:
1) Apply a thin base coat; I suggest starting with a clear polish to prevent staining and such. Allow time to dry.
2) Apply a coat of yellow polish. Allow time to dry.
3) Use the edge of a bobby pin, or a thin brush, to do the blue tips next. Allow time to dry.
4) Using at toothpick, apply the fine details of the minions (either do one nail as an accent or all of them). First, use a grey polish to draw the two circles for the goggles. Then, use a black polish for the smile, hair, and the strap of the goggles. After this, use a white polish to fill the circles, and apply a black dot in each circle for the pupils. Allow time for the design to dry.
5) Apply a clear top coat to protect your design from chipping and voila - you have Despicable Me inspired nails. Enjoy! :)